Every now and then I write twitter threads about papers (both ones I read and ones I’ve written) and talks (ones I gave and ones I’ve seen). Someone suggested once that it may be a good idea to collect such threads in one place. Hence, I created this post; mostly for myself, but it may be of use for others, too.
My selection is a bit eclectic and reflects my interests. I assume the list will grow with time.
Threads about my own papers
- Rational analysis, intractability, and the prospects of ‘as if’-explanations
- Demons of ecological rationality
- Tractable embodied computation needs embeddedness
- Deep analogical inference as the origin of hypotheses
Threads about my own talks
- Why cognitive scientists should care about computational complexity
- Cognitive mechanisms of language use
Threads about others’ papers
- Uncertainty and computational complexity
- Rational use of cognitive resources: Levels of analysis between the computational and the algorithmic
- Introduction: systematicity, the nature of science?
- Psychologists psychologizing scientific psychology: An epistemological reading of the replication crisis
- The non-redundant contributions of Marr’s three levels of analysis for explaining information-processing mechanisms
- Why post-cognitivism does not (necessarily) entail anti-computationalism
Threads about others’ talks
- Toward a theory of scientific discovery and reproducibility
- Science, statistics and the problem of pretty good in inference
- Explaining social cognition: Between embodied and traditional approaches (workshop)
- On the rational bounds of cognitive control
- Models of bounded reasoning in individuals and groups (workshop)
Threads about others’ blogs